Problems with pitch impregnated pulp drains installed during the 1960s and 70s are common. The pipework develops blisters, and the interior delaminates, inhibiting flow and making the drainage system susceptible to deterioration and sometimes leading to total collapse.
If the problems are discovered in time, Inten have a solution. Using specialist equipment, we have a method of re-rounding to repair the old pitch fibre pipes and increase their life span.
How it works
Firstly a winch is set up above the manhole chamber, and re-rounding tools are winched through the damaged pipe. A brush is then winched through to clean the drain, followed by a series of dies which remove the blisters and restore the original profile of the defective pipe. A CCTV inspection then confirms the pipe is ready for relining. Finally a resin lining is applied, resulting in a more efficient pipe with many years of the life ahead.
A damaged pitch fibre pipe
Why use Inten?
- We can help you save money
- Free no obligation quotes and site surveys
- Nationwide availability 24 x7 365 days of the year
- Average emergency attendance of 1-3 hours for private and commercial visits
- Trained professionals resolve issues quickly and efficiently minimising disruption
- Offer of environmental advice
Get in touch!
To find out how Inten can help with pipe rerouding, call us now on:
01795 433400, or request a quick online no obligation quotation.